"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it"
-William Arthur Ward
'warm sun' and 'chamomile' textures
Every day I look for five things to be grateful for...they can be small things or big things, but looking for and focusing attention on the good stuff really helps me stay centred, grounded and happy :) In my work as a teacher/therapist, my students/clients know that I always encourage them to look for the good and to be grateful for those positive things, experiences, feelings etc.
With gratitude comes abundance, so not only are we acknowledging others when we say "thank you" but we're realising what good we have in our lives...for more on these subjects, check out my other blog healingwithruth.
My five things?
- My partner's love and support
- The time spent outdoors Sunday in the leaves as they fell around us, looking so beautiful
- Your visits, comments make me so happy!
- Kim Klassen, who helps me so much every week
- My sight, perhaps it should be at the top of the list, I feel so grateful every day for the ability to see
What are your five things?